[asterisk-users] Channel is answered by FXO card before callee answered the phone(pick up phone)

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 03:38:18 CDT 2014

On Wednesday 04 Jun 2014, Mojtaba wrote:
> Thank you for your replying.
> Is there any way so that i could found the far end user pick up phone? I
> could use Wait() function in dialplan but i dont how long (secend)
> should be wait!
> Thanks with Regards.Mojtaba

I'm confused now.  Please describe which scenario applies to you:

(1)  Your Asterisk box shares an analogue line with an ordinary telephone.
You want the person sitting at that telephone to be able to answer it and
prevent the Asterisk box friom answering it.  This is where you need a Wait()
in your dialplan.

(2)  Outgoing calls from your Asterisk box are showing up as "answered" even
whether or not the person at the far end picked up their telephone.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .