[asterisk-users] Channel is answered by FXO card before callee answered the phone(pick up phone)

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Wed Jun 4 10:28:42 CDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Mojtaba <mespio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Experts.
> Im working with Asterisk PBXand freeswitch PBX.
> I have a challenge with FXO card in Asterisk and i could not solve it yet.
> I hope you could guide me in this regards.
> When i want route the call to FXO channels, Before the callee answer
> the phone (pick up phone), The channel is answered with FXO card. How
> can change this treat so that the callee dont answer the phone, the
> channel dont answered with FXO card. I have this challenge with FXO
> gateway too.
> This challenge is more important when using callfile to generate call
> using DAHDI/g0/
> When using it,All attempts to generate call are answered in CDR
> field(disposision=answered).

This is how analog works because it cannot detect when the far end
answers with any kind of reliability.  The FXO port considers the call
answered as soon as it finishes dialing the last digit.  There is some
attempt to do this using line supervision by polarity reversal.  However,
this is not normally supported by the telco.

Richard