[asterisk-users] Subscription-State always active ?

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Thu Jul 31 07:59:05 CDT 2014

On 31-07-14 14:28, Joshua Colp wrote:
> Jonas Kellens wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I read on Yealink support that Yealink IP-phones expect
>> "Subscription-State:terminated" for there Presence/BLF-functionality.
>>
>> So how can I get "Subscription-State:terminated" on Asterisk ?
>
> That would be a bit strange as the subscription would then be
> terminated, no more NOTIFY messages would go to it which would defeat
> the purpose of subscribing to something. The only way to achieve that
> would be to have the phone unsubscribe or to change the code to force
> it to terminate the subscription under certain circumstances. This
> would require knowing the exact specifications and details of what
> they expect and when. Is there currently a problem you are facing with
> subscription support?

Hello,

this "Subscription-State:terminated" is expected when the IP-phone goes
offline (Unregister or cut off from power).

At that moment indeed the IP-phone no longer sends NOTIFY messages.
Also, Asterisk knows very well the SIP peer becomes unreachable (see my
first post). But still Asterisk replies "Subscription-State: active" to
the IP-phones that request the state of the offline SIP peer.

Yealink expects "Subscription-State:terminated" so the Yealink IP-phone
can put out the BLF light (in stead of staying in a green mode, which
indicates that the SIP peer is still online but not in a call).

So I can follow the Yealink logic. Can you ?

Kind regards,

Jonas.