[asterisk-users] Internal timing under load is critical ?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Jul 30 20:33:53 CDT 2014

Please don't top post.

Please keep the thread only on the list.

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014, babak wrote:

> 1300 calls include playback voices ?

The test scenario was for the first server to originate calls (via call
files) to the second server and then 'playback()' a long file. The second
server would answer the call and then 'playback()' a long file. Audio was
flowing in each direction.

Bandwidth was observed using 'iftop' as being in the 70mb to 80mb range in
each direction (if I remember correctly).

I placed calls from a handset to confirm audio quality.

> which timing module you are using: res_timing_timerfd.so or
> res_timing_kqueue.so or res_timing_dahdi.sores_timing_pthread.so

I used res_timing_timerfd.so. I'm finally making the leap from 1.2 to the
current decade :) I read somewhere that this was the timer to use and it
seems to be working fine for me.

I don't think the cores got much over 20% to 30% busy.

Various failures were observed on the console from running out of file
descriptors. This was on a stock CentOS 6.5 install with no tweaks to bump
up the max file descriptors.

The client only asked for 500 simultaneous calls so no further testing was
done.

--
Thanks in advance,