[asterisk-users] SIP configuration in realtime static and realtime dynamic

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 02:57:21 CDT 2014

On 23 July 2014 21:53, Robin Kipp <mlists at robin-kipp.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I’m currently in the process of familiarizing myself with Asterisk, and am
> trying to move certain configuration objects (such as SIP peers) into a
> MySQL database, accessed by Asterisk using the ODBC connector.
> Now, I’ve imported the sippeers MySQL table from the contrib directory of
> the Asterisk source, and I could add SIP users in here. However, I
> currently don’t understand whether this realtime dynamic configuration
> table is meant to replace or just supplement sip.conf. This is because the
> sippeers table does not offer certain fields for entries in the [general]
> section of my sip.conf file, such as the ‚udpbindaddr‘ variable.
> So, am I supposed to put all that in the database by adding appropriate
> table columns, or can I leave this in the sip.conf file and chan_sip.so
> will read both the file and MySQL table once loaded? Also, is there anyway
> that I could use templates, so that I don’t have to redefine everything for
> each SIP peer?
> Thanks a lot for help!
> Robin

Hi

It supplements it.

In fact, you can define some peers in the sip.conf and some in the MySQL
table. However, if you do add any in the sip.conf directly, you'll have to
do a sip reload which will clear your realtime cache.

Regards

Ish

--

Ishfaq Malik
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, Duplex 2, Ducie House
37 Ducie Street
Manchester, M1 2JW
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552