[asterisk-users] Limit Asterisk

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Wed Jul 23 16:01:49 CDT 2014

I would also do some math on the bandwidth requirement.

If you divide your disk bandwidth by your recording bit rate what is the
theoretical maximum number of calls that you can record at once? Assumes
that you have infinite CPU and memory and that you can actually drive
the disks at their maximum.
If this comes out to 300, you are already there. If it comes out to
3000, you have something wrong in your setup or your assumptions and a
target to work towards.

What quality are you using in the recording? 44k per second(CD quality
sound)  uses a lot more bandwidth than 3K (telephone quality)
What encoding are you using?
How low a bit rate can you use and still have usable recordings? If they
are for legal or audit use, you can go pretty low. If you are recording
soundtracks for reuse in training or publication, you may require higher
bit rates.

If you disable recording, how many simultaneous calls can you support?
Just to be sure that recording is the issue.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President