[asterisk-users] Call Identifier Logging

Steven Wheeler SWheeler at usinternet.com
Tue Jul 22 13:23:49 CDT 2014

Making LinkedID available in the dialplan would also be useful.
LinkedID is already available in the dialplan: CHANNEL(linkedid)
Which version was that added?  I don’t see it on my 11.10.0

[daffy-01 ~]# asterisk -rx "core show function CHANNEL" | grep -i link
[daffy-01 ~]#

According to funcs/func_channel.c
    468         else if (!strcasecmp(data, "linkedid")) {
    469                 ast_channel_lock(chan);
    470                 if (ast_strlen_zero(ast_channel_linkedid(chan))) {
    471                         /* fall back on the channel's uniqueid if linkedid is unset */
    472                         ast_copy_string(buf, ast_channel_uniqueid(chan), len);
    473                 }
    474                 else {
    475                         ast_copy_string(buf, ast_channel_linkedid(chan), len);
    476                 }
    477                 ast_channel_unlock(chan);

While useful, that doesn't solve the problem of being able to store the channel's logging identifier in CDR.

Steven Wheeler

Where is this documented?

It does not appear to be documented. However, there is a reference in the Asterisk: The Definitive Guide<http://www.asteriskdocs.org/en/3rd_Edition/asterisk-book-html-chunk/Monitoring_id246945.html>.

Steven Wheeler