[asterisk-users] chan_motif / res_xmpp problems

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Mon Jul 21 08:12:46 CDT 2014

On 21/07/14 14:33, Joshua Colp wrote:
> Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>
>> I've now replicated my setup on a host with a single IPv4 address and I
>> am still having trouble with the ICE negotiation.
>>
>> I am trying to call from Jitsi to Asterisk through a Prosody XMPP
>> server.  Asterisk successfully registers with the XMPP server and
>> appears to be available in the buddy list in Jitsi.  Jitsi is being run
>> with the "-4" command line option to use IPv4 only just in case Asterisk
>> doesn't like to see IPv6 ICE candidates.
>>
>> I try clicking to make an audio-only call from Jitsi.  In the Asterisk
>> logging (xmpp set debug on) I see the incoming "session-initiate" XML
>> stanza but Asterisk does not send any XML back.
>>
>> I definitely have "icesupport=yes" in rtp.conf and I've tried it with
>> and without specifying a TURN server from each end.
>>
>> Is this working for anybody?
>
> What does your motif.conf configuration file contain? If it is not
> configured then it will not be associated with the account and the
> Jingle support will not be present.

It is largely based on the default config:

[default](!)
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=h264
context=incoming-motif ; Default context that incoming sessions will land in

;maxicecandidates = 10 ; Maximum number of ICE candidates we will offer
;maxpayloads = 30      ; Maximum number of payloads we will offer

[asterisk](default)
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw