[asterisk-users] TLS, STRP and ARA

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 05:31:11 CDT 2014

Hi

I'm just about to upgrade to version 1.8.29.0 and have compiled with SRTP.
However, we exclusively use the asterisk realtime architecture using the
mysql connector.

Looking at tutorials we have to set encryption=yes and transport=tls for
any peer we want encrypted traffic for.

Having a look at contrib/realtime/mysql/sippeers.sql from the source code
shows that the encryption column is completely absent and tls is not an
option for transport.

Does this mean I can't configure a peer to use TLS and SRTP if using ARA?
Are there any workarounds?

Thanks in advance

Ish

--

Ishfaq Malik
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, Duplex 2, Ducie House
37 Ducie Street
Manchester, M1 2JW
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552