[asterisk-users] Simultaneous Ring

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 02:57:06 CDT 2014

On Wednesday 16 Jul 2014, Haley,Scott A wrote:
> I have a need to issue a dial command to a number:
>
> same => n,Dial(${DIALGROUP1},${TIMER1},t)
>
> After a number of seconds, let's say 10 seconds. I want to dial another set
> of numbers while continuing to ring, or interrupting the first group of
> numbers.
>
> same => n,Dial(${DIALGROUP2},${TIMER1},t)
>
> Is there a way to do this without interrupting the first call?

This sounds exactly like the sort of situation for which local channels were
invented .....

Dial(${DIALGROUP1}&LOCAL/foo at bar) with a longer timeout than 10 seconds.  Then
in your local channel, wait 10" and Dial(${DIALGROUP2}).  The first Dial() will
be satisfied when someone answers either a phone in dial group 1, or a phone in
dial group 2 set ringing by the Dial() in the local channel.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .