[asterisk-users] Extra REGISTER messages sent by Asterisk when subscribe for MWI is defined in zoiper

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Jul 15 08:26:39 CDT 2014

Olli Heiskanen wrote:

> Thanks, there are no register lines in my sip.conf, but I have defined
> callbackextension fields in the realtime table, to be the same value as
> the extension name. In this case, extension 771 has callbackextension
> value 771. I tried replacing those with null values but that had no
> effect on the outcome.

The callbackextension is the reason this is happening.

 From sip.conf.sample:

; A similar effect can be achieved by adding a "callbackextension"
option in a peer section.
; this is equivalent to having the following line in the general section:
;
;        register => username:secret at host/callbackextension
;
; and more readable because you don't have to write the parameters in
two places
; (note that the "port" is ignored - this is a bug that should be fixed).

Remove that column from your table, restart Asterisk, and it should go away.

--
Joshua Colp