[asterisk-users] Extra REGISTER messages sent by Asterisk when subscribe for MWI is defined in zoiper

Olli Heiskanen ohjelmistoarkkitehti at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 08:23:33 CDT 2014

Thanks, there are no register lines in my sip.conf, but I have defined
callbackextension fields in the realtime table, to be the same value as the
extension name. In this case, extension 771 has callbackextension value
771. I tried replacing those with null values but that had no effect on the
outcome.

Currently when I register clients in, after some seconds Asterisk starts
sending REGISTER messages, at which point Kamailio sees 2 AORs, here's an
example:
(here 1.1.1.1 is the public ip of my server that houses Kamailio at 5060
and Asterisk at 5070, and 2.2.2.2 is the public ip of the network clients
are in)

        AOR:: 771 at testers.com
                Contact::
sip:771 at 2.2.2.2:5060;rinstance=c8447637c890c010;transport=UDP
Q=
                        Expires:: 3470
                        Callid::
NDQ5Njk4ZmUxZGJhNzRjMzUwMTA2OThmOGFjYzc4Zjk.
                        Cseq:: 2
                        User-agent:: Z 3.2.21357 r21367
                        State:: CS_SYNC
                        Flags:: 0
                        Cflag:: 0
                        Socket:: udp:1.1.1.1:5060
                        Methods:: 5087
                        Ruid:: uloc-53bfe447-35b0-608
                        Reg-Id:: 0
                        Last-Keepalive:: 1405429865
                        Last-Modified:: 1405429865
        AOR:: 771 at 1.1.1.1
                Contact:: sip:771 at 1.1.1.1:5070 Q=
                        Expires:: 105
                        Callid::
3e946958322b1e2d6bfa564d46bf8e00 at testers.com
                        Cseq:: 133
                        User-agent:: Asterisk PBX
                        State:: CS_SYNC
                        Flags:: 0
                        Cflag:: 0
                        Socket:: udp:1.1.1.1:5060
                        Methods:: 4294967295
                        Ruid:: uloc-53bfe447-35b0-708
                        Reg-Id:: 0
                        Last-Keepalive:: 1405429980
                        Last-Modified:: 1405429980

I guess there should be only one AOR, so Asterisk might get wrong kind of
data to begin with or it's configured incorrectly. In my sip trace the
REGISTER flow from client to Kamailio to Asterisk seems ok, I could be
wrong though.

In my setup clients authenticate with Kamailio and Kamailio sends a
REGISTER to Asterisk according to guide I used:
http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb

How would I fix this double-AOR problem, can it be fixed on Asterisk
configuration?

thanks,
Olli