[asterisk-users] grp_lock error when compiling against pjproject

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Tue Jan 28 10:57:24 CST 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 6:29 AM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 2:40 AM, Ira <ira at extrasensory.com> wrote:
>
>>  Hello Matthew,
>>
>> Monday, January 27, 2014, 1:49:44 PM, you wrote:
>>

>>  Do you have the exact error message that pjproject gave when you ran
>> into this problem?
>>
>> I don't, but I guess I can reinstall the offending software to get it if
>> you need it. It's documented on the bug list as I eventually found the
>> using google.
>>

>  I'm including the asterisk-users mailing list on this reply, as there's
> no reason to take this discussion off list.
>
> I'm not sure what bug list you're referring to. However, the page on the
> wiki that documents common errors and their appropriate correction [1]
> attempts to provide the exact error message that users will see when they
> encounter that situation. I'd be happy to update it with whatever error you
> ran into, but to do so we need to know the exact messages. Alluding to
> error messages without providing them usually leads to more confusion, not
> less.

I ran into the same problem a few weeks ago.  The error is during the
asterisk-12 build and it's related to using a version of pjproject from
before file made a grp_lock commit in pjproject in September.

res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: In function ‘find_dialog’:
res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c:139:25: error: ‘pjsip_transaction’ has no
member named ‘grp_lock’
  pj_grp_lock_release(tsx->grp_lock);
                         ^
make[1]: *** [res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.o] Error 1

The fix is to clean out all old copies pf pjproject and re-clone from
github.