[asterisk-users] qualify=yes & outboundproxy

Nick Lemberger nick.lemberger at lkfd.net
Thu Jan 23 00:17:51 CST 2014

> We use opensips as a "type of firewall" as well and don't need to set
> qualify=yes.

As I said, I don't *need* to set qualify=yes for things to work.  It's
just that trunk failover takes ~30 seconds.  If the first/main trunk
in an outbound route is down, outbound calls just sit with dead air
for a ~30 second timeout before the next trunk in the outbound route
is tried.

With qualify=yes, if the trunk is down, asterisk will mark it as such
and not try that trunk until it starts responding to the options ping
again.  Of course, the fact that it doesn't seem to work properly is
the problem.

-Nick