[asterisk-users] qualify=yes & outboundproxy

Nick Lemberger nick.lemberger at lkfd.net
Thu Jan 23 00:08:28 CST 2014

> We use opensips as a "type of firewall" as well and don't need to set
> qualify=yes.

As I said, I don't *need* to set qualify=yes for things to work.  It's
just that trunk failover takes ~30 seconds.  If the first/main trunk
in an outbound route is down, outbound calls just sit with dead air
for a ~30 second timeout before the next trunk in the outbound route
is tried.

With qualify=yes, if the trunk is down, asterisk will mark it as such
and will skip that trunk until it starts responding to the options
ping again.

-Nick