[asterisk-users] Weird issue with Set(CALLERID(name)=string);

Thu Jan 16 09:25:41 CST 2014

The SIP trace will give you an idea is perhaps something is becoming
corrupted. If you keep a log of the asterisk console output (asterisk
-rvvv) then you will see what it attempts to set the callerid to and any
errors.

Another tip. When you have a look at the sip trace you will see the
call-id. If you make a note of this and run the following replacing the
call-id and the trace file with the appropriate values it will display
the sip trace in a very nice human readable format. tshark comes with
the wireshark pakage and ngrep is part of epel repository if you are
running centos.

tshark -t ad -r '$tracefile' -R 'sip.Call-ID contains $callID' -w - |
ngrep -I - -W byline -t