[asterisk-users] patlooptest output - errors

Russ Meyerriecks rmeyerriecks at digium.com
Tue Jan 14 15:18:06 CST 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Rodrigo Borges Pereira
<rodrigoborgespereira at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interestingly, span 2 goes into loop mode, but patlooptest can't access it:
>
>> patlooptest /dev/dahdi/2 -t 300 -vvvvv
> /dev/dahdi/2: Device or resource busy
>
> And I do not have Asterisk running.
You should be able to use "lsof /dev/dahdi/2" to find out what process
has the file open.

> So I
> am a bit confused in what's the most correct way of doing this kind of
> tests. patlooptest + physical loopback? patlooptest alone? physical loopback
> with some other method?
Physical loopback devices are nice because they encompass the cable
into testing.
Digital loopbacks are nice because you don't have to get up from your
desk and plug something in :-) We use them a lot in our automated
testing.

One other thing to note. Sometimes patlooptest can be starved by the
process scheduler. When this happens, it won't have enough time to
produce or consume all the sequential bytes that it needs to. Then it
will report errors. You can try increasing the scheduler priority
with:
chrt 99 patlooptest <span> ...

--
Russ Meyerriecks