[asterisk-users] patlooptest output - errors

Rodrigo Borges Pereira rodrigoborgespereira at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 12:54:49 CST 2014

Thanks.

The cable is straight, and I was using it together with dahdi:maint. Both
spans are set to provide (0). I've now tested span 1 again without cable,
and still same kind of result:

Timeout achieved Ending Program
Test ran 28309 loops of 2039 bytes/loop with 3692 errors

Interestingly, span 2 goes into loop mode, but patlooptest can't access it:

> patlooptest /dev/dahdi/2 -t 300 -vvvvv
/dev/dahdi/2: Device or resource busy

And I do not have Asterisk running.

Mind, I have been told recently by Digium support that a fully conclusive
test (in the context of eventual RMA) requires the physical loopback. So I
am a bit confused in what's the most correct way of doing this kind of
tests. patlooptest + physical loopback? patlooptest alone? physical
loopback with some other method?

Thanks.