[asterisk-users] help with Cepstral 6 and Asterisk 11

Brandon Coale brandoncoale at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 8 20:12:48 CST 2014

Hello,

I recently purchased the Cepstral 6 text-to-speech engine (swift), and
am now wondering if I should have bought something else.  I would like
to use Cepstral text to speech like some people use the Festival() or
Flite() applications.  For example, when I do a "core show application
flite" at the CLI, flite is available to me:

localhost*CLI> core show application flite
   -= Info about application 'Flite' =-
[Synopsis]
Say text to the user, using Flite TTS engine
[Description]
  Flite(text[,intkeys]): This will invoke the Flite TTS engine, send a
text string,
get back the resulting waveform and play it to the user, allowing any
given interrupt
keys to immediately terminate and return the value, or 'any' to allow
any number back.

I would like to do the same thing with Cepstral, and am trying to use
app_swift available from:

https://github.com/darrensessions/app_swift

However, I am not able to get app_swift to compile.  I am running
Asterisk 11.6.0 and CentOS 6.4 64-bit.

I am wondering if anyone else out there has been able to get app_swift
working with Asterisk 11 and could share any tricks they used to get it
installed?

Brandon