[asterisk-users] Changing gateway address

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Fri Feb 14 22:15:46 CST 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 5:40 PM, Dave Swangler <ctitech at live.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I inherited an Asterix phone system. I am well versed in Windows based
> platforms but have zero experience in Linux and Asterix, no make matters
> worse I have no documentation on this system. I had to change the entire
> networks gateway address for various reasons but now the Asterix system will
> not send messages via email. I think it is because of the gateway change.
> How do I change the gateway address? Is this product something I could
> contract out to have remote support?  Thanks,

What you describe is more of a Linux support issue then specific to
Asterisk.  Depending on your OS, will dictate how to change your
gateway.

check /etc/network/inferfaces if you are ubuntu / debian.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)