[asterisk-users] Want Queues to ignore mobile operators voice mails and continue ringing...?

Fri Feb 14 03:21:43 CST 2014

On 14/02/14 06:33, Daniel van den Berg wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Lets say I want to setup a queue that will handle inbound calls to
> dynamically added agents that are all mobile numbers. Now when I do this
> setup it works, it loads the agents dynamically and if the mobile phone
> is on and have reception it works. But when the phone is for arguments
> sake off or dont have reception it goes to voice mail for that mobile
> phone.
>
> I don't want this to happen...:) I would like for the queue to continue
> ringing until there is a time out specified which then takes the caller
> out of the queue and to voice mail which I then intend to mail somewhere.
>
> I guess my question is can this be done in Asterisk? Can I force clients
> in this queue not to leave a voice message on the mobile phone but
> rather the Asterisk system?
>
> Because when the mobile phone which is an agent in the queue goes to
> voice mail it answers the call and then plays the voice mail message.
>
> My initial thoughts are to maybe ask the mobile operator to switch off
> the voice mail functionality on those mobile phones and rather give a
> busy or engaged tone, but I would rather want to do this in Asterisk.
>
> Any help or advise on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Daniel van den Berg
> SureTel - South Africa

I would suggest using the 'M' option on the Dial command to run a macro.
The macro can just wait fir a key to be pressed and until it is pressed
the Dial is still effectively ringing. So if it does go to voicemail
then the call wont get put through. You need to make sure you have a
suitable value set to abandon the agent call if its ringing too long.
The callee may also find they are left multiple voicemail messages.