[asterisk-users] Lots of calls, less memory

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Feb 10 11:56:02 CST 2014

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014, Justin Sherrill wrote:

> We're running Asterisk 1.8 on a 32-bit Debian machine, and it has been
> fine for some time now.  But!  We've got such a incoming call volume
> over the few weeks that we'll have Asterisk occasionally restart itself.
> My hunch is that it is in part memory pressure.

I'm a 1.2 Luddite, but...

I suspect it's not RAM.

I have a CentOS 32bit box with 2GB that has 350 calls right now (last
night's peak was 420), most in meetme conferences.

How many concurrent calls are you handling?

How much RAM is Asterisk consuming on your box?

Any obese AGIs? I run tons of AGIs, but I write them in C.

Does 'vmstat 5' show swapping?

--
Thanks in advance,