[asterisk-users] SPA112 Won't stay up

Andres andres at telesip.net
Thu Feb 6 15:39:16 CST 2014

On 2/6/14, 11:18 AM, Mike Diehl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an SPA112 that in sitting behind a Ubee cable modem.  The
> internet link is solid, but the device becomes unreachable within a
> day or so of being rebooted.  Then the customer goes to reboot the
> device, they report that all 4 lights are lit.  The ISP reports that
> the device does respond to ping, so it's not completely dead.  I've
> had the same symptoms with SPA303's sitting behind Ubee modems.
>
> So, is there some configuration setting on the SPA that I can set to
> make this device more stable?

I have seen similar behavior before on the SPA122.  I could ping it,
open the web page, etc... but it would not register until I rebooted
it.  Upon closer examination I could see that the SPA122 was only
working partially.  The voice modules appeared to be dead thus it would
not register.  You could see this by looking at the stats page and the
lines would not show any stats at all or even if they were ON or OFF
hook.  A reboot would fix it for a few days.  The solution was to get a
new SPA122.  My take on this is that it was a hardware issue, not a
software one that could be fixed with configuration settings.

What I hate about these units is that they take more that 1 minute to
boot and register.   The SPA2102 only took about 15 seconds. That really
sucks when you have a customer on the line and are troubleshooting an
issue that requires a reboot.

--
Technical Support
http://www.cellroute.net