[asterisk-users] call rejected because extension not found in context 'internal

Raghav Goud raghavgoud.g at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 05:45:06 CST 2014

Hi all,

   I want to two sip clients connect through Asterisk in local network for
testing. My sip.conf file looks like this

 [general]
context=internal
allowguest=no
allowoverlap=no
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
alwaysauthreject=yes
canreinvite=no
nat=yes
session-timers=refuse
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

[7001]
type=friend
host=dynamic
secret=123abcd
context=internal

[7002]
type=friend
host=dynamic
secret=456abcd
context=internal

Am using linphone as sip client and create account on linphone with user
name 7001 and 7002
7001 is running on 192.168.2.15:5060
7002 is running on 192.168.2.45:5060

when i try to call from 7002 to 7001 i specified sip:7001 at 192.168.2.15 it
working fine as i know ip adress i specified it as url. if i dnt know the
ipadress how can i call to 7001? i try to call sip:7001 at 192.168.2.20 it
through call rejected because extension not found in context 'internal,
error.

  How can call to sip id with out knowning ipadress where it is runnning?
Any modification required for sip.conf file?

Thanks,
Raghav