[asterisk-users] chan_sip and 2 devices under same extension - transferring call endpoint(s)

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 20:52:12 CST 2014

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 7:26 AM, Lukasz Sokol <el.es.cr at gmail.com> wrote:

> As the handsets have no LCD's to show the dialled number,
> I want to give the workforce the ability to dial OUT using the softphone,
> (as in, copy/paste the number from the CRM software into softphone then
> *immediately* transfer the originated call 'endpoint' to the handset of
> the same 'user' extension, somehow,
> the question is, HOW ?

We use FreePBX and a custom CRM. What we do is use the Asterisk Manager
interface to create a call using the originate command. Asterisk dials the
users handset, once they answer Asterisk then dials the outbound number. No
need for any transferring. You could also look at Asterisk call files to
originate the call.

Ryan