[asterisk-users] PJSIP configuration question

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Mon Dec 15 21:32:13 CST 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 7:34 PM, Dan Cropp <dan at amtelco.com> wrote:

> I am not sure if I entered the correct settings for the transport
> information.
>
> For the local_net, I entered my local ip address, but no mask.  I will
> check with the network admin so he can verify the settings I entered.

You need the network and mask.  For example if the ip address and mask of
the test machine is 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0 then the correct entry would
be 192.168.0.0/24.

> One minor detail, we are using ip authentication.  When Vitelity changed
> my account from user based authentication to IP based authentication, they
> stopped including a user for the account.
>

> Should these settings work without the from_user (IP based authentication)
> or do I need to get the account name from Vitelity?

You definitely need the master account login username.  If you has this
working with chan_sip, then try the 'fromuser' from sip.conf and user is
from_user.