[asterisk-users] Inbound call from sip peer to internal webrtc peer fails while internal sip-webrtc calls work

Olli Heiskanen ohjelmistoarkkitehti at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 13:03:41 CST 2014

Hello,

Thanks Gareth for your reply. I assume you're referring to the first INVITE
in my message, which is from the call that works. I don't know why the sdp
displays only iLBC and speex at that point but the Zoiper client that's
making the call is configured to support gsm, speex, ulaw, alaw, and iLBC,
and the call works fine, audio and all, as the sdp that leaves Asterisk
(thus reaches the called peer) actually contains ulaw, gsm and alaw.

In the failing case Asterisk sends the INVITE via Kamailio to the called
webrtc client, and in this message the rtp profile is m=audio 12902 RTP/AVP
0 3 8 101. Kamailio sends the INVITE to the client, which responds with
488. Kamailio notices this and uses rtpengine to handle the rtp, but: the
client will not accept a second INVITE even though the sdp is correct this
time: the client responds with 482 Loop Detected because the Call-ID is the
same as the previous INVITE it got. This is why I can't handle the rtp
using rtpengine, and here things have already gone wrong. So I need the
INVITE to contain correct sdp when it leaves Asterisk, so sdp conversion
and rtpengine would net be needed. Wonder if there's any way to do that?

cheers,
Olli