[asterisk-users] Understanding local channels

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Mon Aug 25 14:12:44 CDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Patrick Laimbock <patrick at laimbock.com> wrote:
> On 25-08-14 17:06, Mitch Claborn wrote:
>>
>> Can someone point me to a good tutorial / explanation of local
>> channels?  I've been using them without really understanding what is
>> going on, and we all know how dangerous that is!
>>
>> I've read http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+local+channels but
>> I'm just not quite getting it.
>

> How about the info on the Asterisk wiki:
>
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/displa/AST/Introduction+to+Local+Channels
>
> On the left side there's a menu with examples and modifiers.
>
> HTH,
> Patrick

It may also help to check out the section on Channels:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Channels

Before going into the Local Channel config
section:https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Local+Channel

If you can think of a way we can improve the documentation on Local
Channels, let us know.

--
Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager