[asterisk-users] Overriding global voicemail options on a per-mailbox basis

Tech Support asterisk at voipbusiness.us
Sun Aug 17 10:03:51 CDT 2014

All;

    I'm currently using Asterisk 1.8 and I want to be able to have each user
be able to set as many of the voicemail options as possible. The
documentation calls voicemail options that can be overridden on a
per-mailbox basis "advanced options". However, I've read conflicting
information as to which options in the section [general] can be overridden.
According to Asterisk's sample voicemail.conf.sample file: "All options can
be expressed globally in the general section, and overridden in the
per-mailbox settings, unless listed otherwise". Now the book Asterisk, The
Definitive Guide, 3rd ed. lists 39 voicemail advanced options starting on
page 163. Yet on page 167, it states that "There are nine valid options:
attach, serveremail, tz, saycid, review, operator, callback, dialout, and
exitcontext." And the book Asterisk, The Definitive Guide, 4th ed. lists the
same 39 voicemail advanced options starting on page 192 yet on page 197 it
lists only 26 advanced options.

    So my question is this: Does anyone know which options can and can't be
overridden on a per-mailbox basis? Are there 9 options, are there 39, or are
there 26? Where can I find a definitive answer? It would be extremely time
consuming to test each option individually.

Thanks;

John