[asterisk-users] Asterisk peer definition registration

Scott Griepentrog sgriepentrog at digium.com
Sat Aug 16 12:14:20 CDT 2014

Registering on a configuration reload (or startup) is written into the code
of chan_sip.  There isn't a way to defeat that using configuration.

Since you presumably are not attempting to register with invalid
credentials, the fact that you sometimes have a higher frequency of
successful registrations should not be a trigger for being blocked.  I
would work with them to identify precisely why they are blocking you and if
you are not doing anything wrong suggest they review their policy.

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Steve Ng <steveng.1988 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Asterisk currently as a SIP proxy to a SIP provider. Inside my
> real-time, I would set the SIP credential based on what the user has
> provided.
>
> For example
>
> [name]
> type=peer
> defaultuser=USER_PROVIDED
> secret=USER_PROVIDED
> host=USER_PROVIDED
>
> When I reset Asterisk, Asterisk will attempt to register with the sip
> provider. And if there are sufficiently amount of records with invalid
> credentials, I'll get blocked by the SIP provider as they might think that
> I'm brute forcing.
>
> Just a question to check if there's any chance I could ask Asterisk not to
> register when I reset. Or is there any other possible solution for this?
>
> --

[image: Digium logo]
Scott Griepentrog
Digium, Inc · Software Developer
445 Jan Davis Drive NW · Huntsville, AL 35806 · US
direct/fax: +1 256 428 6239 · mobile: +1 317 507 4029
Check us out at: http://digium.com · http://asterisk.org