[asterisk-users] Asterisk peer definition registration

Steve Ng steveng.1988 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 10:21:25 CDT 2014

Hi,

I am using Asterisk currently as a SIP proxy to a SIP provider. Inside my
real-time, I would set the SIP credential based on what the user has
provided.

For example

[name]
type=peer
defaultuser=USER_PROVIDED
secret=USER_PROVIDED
host=USER_PROVIDED

When I reset Asterisk, Asterisk will attempt to register with the sip
provider. And if there are sufficiently amount of records with invalid
credentials, I'll get blocked by the SIP provider as they might think that
I'm brute forcing.

Just a question to check if there's any chance I could ask Asterisk not to
register when I reset. Or is there any other possible solution for this?