[asterisk-users] Asterisk on CentOS7

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Wed Aug 13 12:42:19 CDT 2014

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:11:42 PM Carlos Chavez wrote:
>      I installed CentOS 7 on a spare server along with all our Asterisk
> configuration system and the only thing that failed is the asterisk
> startup script included in the asterisk tarball.  I guess because the
> startup system has changed so much that script will have to be updated.
> Everything else worked fine as far as I can tell but obviously I did not
> stress test that installation.

You can use the systemd unit file I have here:
https://messinet.com/rpms/browser/asterisk/asterisk.service?rev=2ce57c334633881bb4d1baaeb6ae1e63c032abdc

It's what Fedora uses as well.  This should work properly in EL7.  Hopefully
in not too long, I'll have Asterisk 13 builds for EL7, though I need to figure
out a few dependency issues: https://messinet.com/rpms/

-A

--
Anthony - https://messinet.com/ - https://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E