[asterisk-users] Unregistered ports on SPAxxxx

Mike Diehl mdiehlenator at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 11:10:16 CDT 2014

On Tuesday, August 05, 2014 11:01:01 AM Kevin Larsen wrote:

> I've got a few devices, SPA112's and SPA8000's, that are giving me problems.
>
> Each device has a separate SIP credential for each port, but
> sometimes, only a
> few of the ports register.
>
> So, the device will be running fine for a while, then suddenly one or more
of
> the ports will become Unreachable.  These ports will stay unreachable until
> the device is power cycled.
>
> I'm presuming that there was a momentary interruption in connectivity that
> caused the registrations to fail/timeout.  But the ports should have become
> Reachable by the time the registration period elapses.  But they don't.
>
> Any ideas?

Interesting you should mention this. I have an SPA-112 that is giving me fits
right now. Multiple times per week it goes down and has to be power cycled.
When it is down, it is not registered with Asterisk, I cannot reach its
configuration web page, but I can ping it. Mine is running 1.2.1 (004) on the
firmware, but I see that 1.3.3 (015) is out. That was going to be my next
change to see if it helps.
All of my SPA112's are running 1.3.2(014).  My SPA8000's are running 5.1.10.

--
Mike Diehl
Diehlnet Communications, LLC.