[asterisk-users] Rejecting secure audio stream without encryption details - when using ws clients and Kamailio integration

Olli Heiskanen ohjelmistoarkkitehti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 03:56:59 CDT 2014

Hi,

I got ahead with my setup, this post helped me much:
http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=90167&sid=66fdf8cc4be5d955ba584e989a23442f

At least the avpf setting had to be removed from sip.conf and put in the
realtime db table, defined per client. I left the encryption setting in
sip.conf. I had some problems calling from SIP client to another, then had
to define avpf=no for those clients. Personally I don't like to use
different settings to different clients, is there a way around this?

With this setup I can make calls between SIP clients but not ws clients. My
client (now I use sip.js) fails to parse the sdp - including the apparently
correct rtp profile UDP/TLS/RTP/SAVPF - and sends back 488, which makes the
call fail. I'd like to hear opinions from you guys which would be the
correct place to handle this? My setup has Asterisk Kamailio realtime
integration, and I use dispatcher in Kamailio to route calls to Asterisk.
Kamailio sounds like the logical place, but I'd rather find a way to not
change the rtp profile along the way, at least until the clients can
support that one.

cheers,
Olli