[asterisk-users] IAX2 trunk on IPV6

Xengis Khan xengiskhan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 01:06:54 CDT 2014

Hi,
I have installed asterisk-1.8.25.0 on an Ubuntu server which has both an
ipv6 ip and ipv4 ip(real ip) assigned. And I have a client ubuntu with only
ipv4 ip(local ip) installed asterisk-1.8.25.0 . I want to configure the
client asterisk with the server asterisk as IAX2 peer and want to connect
to the IPV6 ip. I bind the server with ipv6 and also sending the
registration request from the client(peer) to the ipv6 address. But its not
peering. following is the client's iax.conf

register => peer1:peer1pass@[IPV6]:port

[peer1]
type=peer
context=topeer
username=peer1
secret=peer1pass
trunk=yes
host=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
port=XXXX
disallow=all
allow=g729:40,g723:30
qualify=yes

Also my confusion is what value will be in 'host' property. I assigned as
host=[IPV6]...but it shows error.
Can anyone help with this issue.

Thanks in advance