[asterisk-users] Asterisk call forward for T1 incoming calls

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Mon Apr 28 13:37:22 CDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Al lists <asteriskal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to divert incoming calls on DAHDI T1 channels so telco
> gets the diversion and send the call to new number and releasing the
channel?

Rusty Newton:
I'm no PRI expert, but I do remember from my time working with the T1
interface cards that two B-channel transfers did something like this.

Digium has documentation on that here:
http://kb.digium.com/articles/Configuration/Two-B-Channel-Transfers

If that doesn't help, and you have a Digium card; you might call Digium tech
support to ask about it.

Don Kelly adds:
TBCT doesn't actually "divert," but it will "transfer" a call. The
difference, which may not matter to you, is that one of the channels must be
answered by Asterisk (unless something has changed).

A call comes in, you decide you want to "divert" it--you place an outbound
call on another channel. You must either answer the incoming call or wait
for the outgoing call to answer before completing the TBCT.

Another quirk to be aware of: You may wish to present the caller's number to
the called party as "caller ID." Some carriers will not permit this.

Also, the op referred to T1 channels. TBCT works on PRI, not "simple" T1.

  --Don