[asterisk-users] Open Source Asterisk Polling Solution

Chris Bagnall asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc
Tue Apr 22 06:32:47 CDT 2014

On 22/4/14 11:44 am, A J Stiles wrote:
> Firstly, be warned:  Are you sure that is even legal to do in your
> jurisdiction?  You could be setting yourself up for a hefty fine!  Check
> applicable local laws before proceeding.

This. I'm glad someone else thought it worth mentioning as well :-)

Even if it's letter-of-the-law legal, consider whether you'd be willing
to be on the receiving end of it. If it's providing a useful service,
i.e. calling a specific list of individuals who might have medical
appointments in the coming week to confirm they don't need to
reschedule, then fair enough, but if you're phoning people who've not
consented to sell them double glazing, then you aren't doing your
client's reputation any favours and you're going to mightily annoy those
you're calling.

Kind regards,

Chris