[asterisk-users] DAHDI: Multilink PPP over T1

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 19:58:59 CDT 2014

Greetings,

I want to bond two T1 lines running between a Linux machine with a
quad port tor2 card and a router running Cisco IOS. It seems that the
way to do this is to run multilink PPP across both T1 spans, but the
nethdlc/"Linux Generic HDLC" stack does not appear to support
multilink PPP.

Is there a way that I can get DAHDI to make the two T1 spans in
question show up as serial/tty type devices (or some such) so that I
can run regular Linux pppd on both of them? I see that there is a
plugin for pppd in dahdi-tools, but I don't know how to configure the
spans in system.conf, nor what device to point pppd to, in order to do
this.

Sincerely,
Rusty Dekema