[asterisk-users] DUNDi with SIP Mapping

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 09:06:35 CDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Kevin Larsen <
kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com> wrote:

> I am using DUNDi with SIP to do some least cost routing amongst my various
> locations. My mapping is close to what you have:
>
> priv => dundi-extens,0,SIP,<trunk_name>/<number_to_dial>
>
> Where <trunk_name> is replaced with the actual name of my trunk as defined
> in sip.conf and <number_to_dial> is the number they should dial on that
> trunk. I have not tried to define the SIP username/password in the DUNDi
> config itself, so I don't know if what you are trying to do is possible or
> not.

I was trying to avoid having to define the SIP trunks on all systems. I
currently have three FreePBX systems connected by SIP trunks with 800 DIDs.
Each system has SIP trunks defined to both other systems and routes
defining the extensions / DIDs. As I add more DID blocks and FreePBX
systems maintaining the trunks and routes is going to become cumbersome.

I wanted to move to DUNDi to simplify the setup. It looks like I need to
switch to IAX trunks to be able to do this.

Thanks,
Ryan