[asterisk-users] DUNDi with SIP Mapping

Kevin Larsen kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com
Wed Apr 16 08:06:08 CDT 2014

> From the reading and testing I have done it doesn't look like SIP
> supports a username and password in the Dial string. I currently
> have the following mapping.
>
> priv => dundi-extens,0,SIP,dundi:pass at 1.1.1.1/$
> {NUMBER},nounsolicited,nocomunsolicit,nopartial

> On the sending side I see
>
> NOTICE[31598] chan_sip.c: Conflicting extension values given. Using
> 'dundi' and not '1001'

> On the receiving side it will not match the SIP dundi user and tries
> to call dundi instead of 1001.
>
> -- Executing [dundi at from-sip-external:1] NoOp("SIP/1.1.1.
> 2-00000000", "Received incoming SIP connection from unknown peer to
> dundi") in new stack
>

> Is there a way to configure DUNDi to use SIP or does it only work with
IAX?

I am using DUNDi with SIP to do some least cost routing amongst my various
locations. My mapping is close to what you have:

priv => dundi-extens,0,SIP,<trunk_name>/<number_to_dial>

Where <trunk_name> is replaced with the actual name of my trunk as defined
in sip.conf and <number_to_dial> is the number they should dial on that
trunk. I have not tried to define the SIP username/password in the DUNDi
config itself, so I don't know if what you are trying to do is possible or
not.