[asterisk-users] FW: clients unable to auth

Kevin Larsen kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com
Wed Apr 16 08:22:10 CDT 2014

> Thank you guys – your advice was spot on.  I will now reach out
> earlier and not struggle with issues like this for 2 weeks J

You sound like you are just getting started with Asterisk. A couple pieces
of advice that helped me when I was starting out:

1. Get a copy of Asterisk: The Definitive Guide. Work through the examples
and understand the concepts it teaches. I still use it all the time.
2. When you run into problems, http://voip-info.org is a great Asterisk
resource. It isn't always perfectly up to date, but is very useful.
3. Search on the error messages you are given by Asterisk. It is common
enough that many (but not all) of the error messages will have hits that
explain your problem in greater detail.