[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11 under VMware?

Johan Wilfer lists at jttech.se
Fri Apr 4 14:28:18 CDT 2014

2014-04-04 19:30, Carlos Chavez skrev:
>      I have found Asterisk using only SIP is very responsive on virtual
> machines.  We have used VMs for call center applications and for complex
> IVR solutions without problems.  Obviously there is overhead running a
> VM so you can never expect a VM to perform as well as bare metal.
> Running a single VM on a server is a complete waste of resources, might
> as well run natively.

Sounds very good. Do you have this experience with WMware in particular
or with virtualization in general?

I won't run a single WM, it was just an example. My question was more
about if I could expect roughly the same performance, or if it is
drastically different with virtual machines on VMware.

--
Johan Wilfer