[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11 under VMware?

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Fri Apr 4 12:30:07 CDT 2014

     I have found Asterisk using only SIP is very responsive on virtual
machines.  We have used VMs for call center applications and for complex
IVR solutions without problems.  Obviously there is overhead running a
VM so you can never expect a VM to perform as well as bare metal.
Running a single VM on a server is a complete waste of resources, might
as well run natively.

On 4/4/14, 4:38 AM, Johan Wilfer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Anyone that have tried using Asterisk 11 with SIP + Confbridge as a
> VMware virtual machine? Any issues to be aware of?
>
> Of course the hardware node needs to to be powerful enough - but say
> you have just one virtual machine on the node - will the performance
> be drastically less than running asterisk on the metal? Or can I
> expect roughly the same performance?
>
> Thanks!

Carlos Chávez
+52 (55)9116-91161