[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Fri Apr 4 09:55:57 CDT 2014

What you are saying is only open source software is safe?  You have just excluded most software in use in the business world.

We have installed Norton antivirus on all of our workstation; I don't think Symantec will ever release the source code (since that would also show attackers how to get around it).  Using the same logic releasing SecAst source would also seem foolish (and make it impossible for any commercial enterprise to sell software).

I understand your point of view, and if your preference is to only use open source software that's great.  However, that doesn't mean precompiled software is inherently dangerous or malevolent.

-=Michelle=-