[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Fri Apr 4 09:38:20 CDT 2014

On Friday 04 Apr 2014, Michelle Dupuis wrote:
> Take a look a SecAst from www.generationd.com<http://www.generationd.com/>
>
> It does everything fail2ban does and more, including blocking users by
> geography (we exclude all of Asia and Africa), detection of break-in
> patterns (even if someone guessed your un/pw), detect changes in dial
> rates, etc.
>
> Grab the free version - its a BIG step up from fail2ban.

That link points towards a precompiled binary, which could have literally
*anything* lurking in it.  I politely advise you to back away slowly, and
break into a run when you think you are out of sight.

Precompiled binaries without Source Code should be treated like a bottle of
glowing green liquid labelled "drink me", or an offer to come and look at some
puppies.  No reputable software supplier would object to showing you what is
on the inside.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .