[asterisk-users] Dialplan to reach external SIP phone

Salman Zafar msalman212 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 01:18:01 CDT 2014

Hi,
    If (the other phone is also registered on same asterisk)
                  You just have to Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
    else
                   You need a trunk, or route the call to that
equipment(VoIP server) where the other phone(s) is/are registered so that
you can bridge both channels. Here you have to Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@Trunk-IP)
or you can create a trunk in sip.conf to route call out, and the receiving
side should then route the call to the destination phone.

Regards

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 8:11 AM, Meadows Hoa <meadows_sub at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If I have Asterisk setup with local SIP phones configured but need to call
> a SIP phone which is not local but actually on another VLAN, what would the
> dialplan need to look like?
>
> Could the Asterisk dialplan directly call a SIP phone which is not a local
> phone within its sip.conf and dialplan, if the Directory Number and IP is
> known (or host name)?
>
> Didn't plan on needing a SIP trunk so assuming this is possible anyway?
>
> Would Asterisk have to actually go over a SIP trunk to another call
> manager (which has that phone configured as a local phone)? Thinking there
> has to be another way?
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
>
> --

Regards