[asterisk-users] JACK compatible SIP/IAX client (related : Asterisk JACK application)

Hoggins! fuckspam at wheres5.com
Sun Sep 8 07:57:09 CDT 2013

Hello list,

I'm looking for a SIP/IAX client that would hook its audio on the JACK
audio server on the client host.
I first tried to use the Asterisk JACK application, installing an
Asterisk instance on the client host, but I got mitigated results : the
host runs a RT kernel (necessary for my use of JACK) but each time a new
call is started, it triggers Xruns. Not good. Also, during the call,
there was a problem with the audio : sound was fine in one way, but I
got heavy "white" sound in the other way.

Anyway, facing all these problems, I decided to look for a standalone
softphone that would plug into a JACK server, and exchange audio with
other JACK enabled clients.

I was not able to find anything that suits my needs, but maybe I'm not
looking correctly.

Thanks for your hints !

    Hoggins!