[asterisk-users] MDL-ERROR

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Thu Sep 5 13:38:36 CDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 1:02 PM, jg <webaccounts at jgoettgens.de> wrote:

> I have 2 ISDN BRI boxes, each with 4 spans, where the first one is
> configured as CPE, the second one as NET(so I don't need real lines for
> developing and testing).
>
> Once in a while I do see the following libpri error messages
> simultaneously on both boxes:
>
> PRI Span: 1 TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (A): Got supervisory frame with F=1 in state
> 7(Multi-frame established)
> PRI Span: 2 TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (A): Got supervisory frame with F=1 in state
> 7(Multi-frame established)
> PRI Span: 2 TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (A): Got supervisory frame with F=1 in state
> 7(Multi-frame established)
> PRI Span: 4 TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (A): Got supervisory frame with F=1 in state
> 7(Multi-frame established)
> PRI Span: 2 TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (A): Got supervisory frame with F=1 in state
> 7(Multi-frame established)
> PRI Span: 4 TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (A): Got supervisory frame with F=1 in state
> 7(Multi-frame established)
> PRI Span: 2 TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (A): Got supervisory frame with F=1 in state
> 7(Multi-frame established)
> PRI Span: 4 TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (A): Got supervisory frame with F=1 in state
> 7(Multi-frame established)
> PRI Span: 4 TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (A): Got supervisory frame with F=1 in state
> 7(Multi-frame established)
> PRI Span: 4 TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (A): Got supervisory frame with F=1 in state
> 7(Multi-frame established)
> PRI Span: 4 TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (A): Got supervisory frame with F=1 in state
> 7(Multi-frame established)
> PRI Span: 4 TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (A): Got supervisory frame with F=1 in state
> 7(Multi-frame established)
> PRI Span: 4 TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (A): Got supervisory frame with F=1 in state
> 7(Multi-frame established)
>
> It does not seem to be a severe error, because everything seems to work. I
> have not yet figured out how to produce these error messages reliably. They
> seem to appear after booting both machines before any calls have been made.
>
> Does anybody know what to do with these messages?

Q.921 just says to log the condition and carry on as if it did not happen.
It does not say what to do
about it.  The condition is likely to happen when the Q.921 peers are out
of sync with each other.  When
you reboot your machines, they will be out of sync with each other for
awhile.  I cannot think of a
particular sequence of events off-hand where it would happen though.

Richard