[asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 issue

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Sep 3 10:10:48 CDT 2013

Bakko wrote:
> hello,

Greetings,

> I' trying to use Asterisk 12 Alpha.
>
> Compilation and instalation without issues.
>
> When I try to start asterisk with:
>
> asterisk -cvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
>
> i see this error on the console:
>
> 17:09:43.559 sip_endpoint.c !Module "mod-refer" registered
> asterisk: ../src/pjsip-simple/evsub.c:415: pjsip_evsub_register_pkg:
> Assertion `mod_evsub.mod.id != -1' failed.
>
> Any hints?

There's three possible reasons for this:

1. The new SIP modules have been linked statically which means each
module has an independently operating copy. As things are written to
operate as a whole this can fail miserably. To see if this is the case
you can run:

ldd /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_pjsip.so

If the output contains no reference to "libpj.so" then that is your
problem and you will need to follow the instructions on the wiki to
remove an old pjproject.

2. The res_sip_pubsub.so module is not being loaded or has not been built.

You can check the console output when loading to see if this is the
case, although the ultimate reason may be below this.

3. A slight derivative on the above is that the module will be loaded,
but something is trying to use it before hand.

You can manually modify your modules.conf to have an explicit load order
for the new SIP modules. This can require some trial/error. If this
resolves the issue then we need to adjust things to make it happen
"automagically". As such if this is the case please open a JIRA issue so
we can ensure others do not run into the same issue.

Cheers,

PS: Thanks for giving Asterisk 12 a go and sorry you ran into this problem!

--
Joshua Colp