[asterisk-users] unintended bridging on a Cisco SPA phone

Mert Yazgart efes9999 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 24 12:25:49 CDT 2013

My question is not directly related to Asterisk, but I'm hoping users here might have some insight.

We have SPA504G phones with only Ext1 enabled. We use the other line keys to pick up parked calls in Asterisk via:

fnc=sd+blf;sub=1234 at proxy

This works smoothly except for one scenario:

When the user presses (by mistake) one of those "unpark" line keys while in an active call with a customer, this active call and the parked call from another customer are bridged (and obviously the call is gone from our phone).

Is there a way to force the Cisco phone to put the active call on Hold before getting the parked call?

or

Is it possible to somewhat temporarily deactivate/disable the unpark line keys while there is an active call?

Thanks,
Mert